Sunday, March 9, 2014

Aneta Kacurkova: Music now

This months cover by Aleksandar Ares,
with layout by K.K.W.
On the cover, Irina Sarnetskaya 
UniversaLove: moments of harmony. By K.K.W

The fist time I heard Aneta's music, is when her sister Genoveva posted one of her songs on Facebook. At that point I knew she had talent, 
and there was something worth listening to.   


There's an overall beautiful quality to the music, and though its bathed in 
her sense of love & joy, there is the subtle sense of pain that comes with living, loss, and knowing heartache [only to realize the joy in it all].  

Aneta Kacurkova. Photo courtesy of the artist.
Especially with the the first track ["I am I", which is like an extended intro], a meditative feel lingers throughout; a vocal spirituality that's akin to love. Listening to it I feel like I'm floating in darkness & the track is calling me.

"I Surrender" [my favorite track] is a soul-full, well written piece that flows with the music, like a leaf on the surface of a river. Its tender, heartfelt, gentle yet forceful, and sexy...just damn sexy. 

All this with a straight-forward lyrical honesty, wrapped in a lounge atmosphere 
back-drop, of Jazz / rhythm & blues ["UniversaLove"]. The first 2:30 minutes is like pop-lounge-Jazz  singing, setting itself up for the rest of the track. The piano & trumpet coming together [2:55 - 3:34]  is smooth-grove, a great instrumental, romantic feel to it. 






Aneta's music, this time around, comes across as moments of harmony, 
along with moments reaching for that same harmony. Some tracks work very well, and I connect with, others seem to lack a certain kind of resonation. And yet, it all flows with her abilities. 





If you would like to know more, or listen, go to:https://soundcloud.com/aneta-kacurkova. "Art is the reason, art is the way" 








No comments: